Pages

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Everything I am and everything I do is only because of You

One of my favorite Christmas traditions is driving around looking at all the Christmas lights. It's so fun to see the creativity and just the whole town proclaiming Christ. It's amazing how when you are putting them up in the daylight, they aren't very attractive, and sometimes it's quite tacky looking, but once they are lit up at night they are so beautiful when their light all you can see. It's so similar with us. When you just see me you see sin and imperfections and it's really not a pretty sight at all, but when I'm keeping Christ at the center of my heart and focusing on letting His light shine through me, that's when you can see beauty and love.

Father, Let your light shine through me today, and others may see You instead of me. If I should receive praise or recognition, let me fall to my knees that they may know to glorify You. What an honor to be able to share You with others, make me humble that they may always know everything I am and everything I do is only because of Your presence in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment