Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

How are you celebrating Holy Week?

I've been a really bad parent at helping my kids understand Lent and Easter, but like any good procrastinator decided Holy Week would be a great time to start! So I did some googling/pintresting (those are words right?) and came across some great ideas. I'll share mine and if anyone else has any to share please do!

We made homemade pretzles on Monday (simple bread and water for fasting during lent) and talked about the pretzel being like arms folded in prayer. It was perfect because my kids love to do a big AMEN and wrap their arms around themselves like they are giving themselves a hug, looks just like the pretzel. So we did a lot of big "AMEN's"! Plus, they were tasty!

Saturday we are going to make Easter Story Cookies so I'm excited to see how that turns out, I will let you know! And Sunday I am planning on bringing the stuff to make Resurrection Rolls to my moms to make with my kids and my nephews.

I found all of these ideas and so many more good ones that we don't have time for on CatholicIcing.com If you are looking for good kids activities definitely check it out! If you click on the links above it will take you to those directions.

Have fun celebrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment