Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

I'm Being Chased!

Mt 18:12-14

Jesus said to his disciples:
"What is your opinion?
If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them goes astray,
will he not leave the ninety-nine in the hills
and go in search of the stray?
And if he finds it, amen, I say to you, he rejoices more over it
than over the ninety-nine that did not stray.
In just the same way, it is not the will of your heavenly Father
that one of these little ones be lost."
 
When I read this, I always have a tendency to think I'm one of the 99, and Jesus left to go find the atheists, thief's, and murderers. Just like the parable of the prodigal son, I always feel like I'm the "good son" in that story too. But what struck me today is that I'm NOT the 99, I'm the ONE! I'm the one who strayed from the path time and time again, I'm the one who denied him, who made mistakes. I'm the one who sinned. And it made me feel so much more loved and special than these verses ever have, because he came chasing after me! It's what Christmas is all about, he left the 99 in heaven and came down to earth looking for me. It's so hard to understand sometimes why he loves us that much, we probably never will fully grasp it, but today I am thankful for it. Thankful for a God who loves me enough to come after me. 
 
Father, your words in this parable are so comforting but also so hard to understand. I can't wrap my head around the love you have for me. Thank you for the way you love me. Please continue to guide me, so you don't have to chase after me anymore and, if I may be so blessed to be in your service, that I may lead others to you. Thank you for your greatness. I love you. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment